Monday, November 29, 2010

A Football Invitation

* a collection of stories and memories, in no particular order, from the life and times of John Clarke, who served as a policeman in the Australian Police Force, a great practical joker, he also had a great affinity with people and wildlife, was a champion swimmer, snooker player, loved golf, still loves fishing and is also an artist. I hope you enjoy his recollections - cheers, karin (his daughter)

- - - - -

When I was the boss at Kingscliff Police Station, an invitation from the Cudgen Leagues Club for Sally (my wife) and I to attend the big football presentation dinner was sent to "The Sergeant and Mrs Clarke" at the Police Station.

The invitation was intercepted by my Senior Constables at the station, who both went in our stead!!

Months later it all came out when I was talking to the Club President who said how disappointed he was that we couldn't come!!  and what a good time the Senior Constables had!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment