Tuesday, November 30, 2010

recollections about myself: Carl Caras' Cafe

* a collection of stories and memories, in no particular order, from the life and times of John Clarke, who served as a policeman in the Australian Police Force, a great practical joker, he also had a great affinity with people and wildlife, was a champion swimmer, snooker player, loved golf, still loves fishing and is also an artist. I hope you enjoy his recollections - cheers, karin (his daughter)

- - - - -

Carl Caras' Cafe was a terrific greek cafe at Totty (Tottenham).  I went in there for a milkshake and sucked a long piece of something through the straw so that the bottom of the whatever  (string-like thing) was down in my stomach and it's top was coming out my mouth and down the straw - I was sick all over the cafe floor.  Carl offered me a fresh milkshake but I refused his offer.

Another time, a little kid came out of Carl's shop with ann icecream cone and the icecream fell out onto the footpath and there were four little legs and a tail sticking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment