Monday, November 29, 2010

recollections of Katoomba: my beautiful overcoat

* a collection of stories and memories, in no particular order, from the life and times of John Clarke, who served as a policeman in the Australian Police Force, a great practical joker, he also had a great affinity with people and wildlife, was a champion swimmer, snooker player, loved golf, still loves fishing and is also an artist. I hope you enjoy his recollections - cheers, karin (his daughter)

- - - - -

Aunty Meg was living in England back then and she used to send me Ian's (Nathan) cast off clothing which was great because they were warm corduroy type clothes, etc.  She sent me this beautiful gabardine overcoat.  On e day I was running flat-out down the Katoomba Street Hill with my coat open and flying in the breeze when one of the buttons caught between the brick wall and a tin fence in a lane and ripped a piece of gabardine 1" wide from one side of the coat where the button was, right round to the button hole - big trouble!!

No comments:

Post a Comment