Monday, November 29, 2010

Recollections of Katoomba: my first day

* a collection of stories and memories, in no particular order, from the life and times of John Clarke, who served as a policeman in the Australian Police Force, a great practical joker, he also had a great affinity with people and wildlife, was a champion swimmer, snooker player, loved golf, still loves fishing and is also an artist. I hope you enjoy his recollections - cheers, karin (his daughter)

- - - - -

When I was a boy, we went to Katoomba in 1950 and lived in "Arahana"a house owned by the Bank  (where my father Jack worked) on the corner of Kurrawong Road and Mortin St.  Sal (my wife) and I called in their during our 40 year School Reunion and met the guy who now lives there and had a lovely tour of the house and a cuppa (Nov 1977).

The day we moved in, I met a local boy and we went on our bikes down the Cliff Drive and explored some bush.  We were late back and Mum and Dad called out the Police as they reckoned we had fallen over the cliff - 'specially when they found our bikes as the cliff top!'

No comments:

Post a Comment